Thoughtful question of the day.
What do communities have to have?
What do communities have to have?— Rosie Sherry (@rosiesherry) September 19, 2022
Some answers given from within the tweet:
- people / members
- community managers
- shared values
- discussions / conversations
- good moderation
- a reason for existing
- members who want to help one another grow.
- a safe, welcoming space to gather
- Genuinely shared things they look forward to together (or can’t stand together). I hate to say it, but strong communities often have to have a common enemy of some kind.
- a shared calendar
- a strong sense of camaraderie
- members who genuinely care
What else would you add?