What community-based experiment are you keen to try yet always hesitate to start?

I’m a big fan of treating a new community initiative as an experiment. Write an assumption, explore ideas to test that assumption, define how you might “measure it”, commit to the experiment and go learn.

Yet sometimes there are experiments that I’d like to run that I end up parking. Like I don’t have the guts to go for it, they are too much of “a leap”, time isn’t on my side or I have other priorities.

What community-based experiment are you keen to try yet always hesitate to start? And why might that be?

3 Likes

I lead the biggest sales community in Ukraine, and it has 4K members now. I run it by myself and have a fear that if I stop engaging members, the whole community’s life will stop. So an experiment I wanted to run is to appoint a few moderators from the most active members and let them run a community for a month without me :sweat_smile:

But I am afraid that if community life stops, I’ll lose the current level of engagement and will need to spend more time growing it to the past level.