When we live in an age of ‘influencers’, it’s easy to get sucked into an unbalanced world view that ends up serving mostly the person (or people) at the top.
One of the reasons I fell in love with community was the ability to create an impact to so many people.
Personally, I’m always on the hunt for ways to help people, lift them up, take the next step, and see something in them that others don’t.
This is what makes community special.
I did this by doing things like:
- hiring people from the community
- encouraging people to write/publish/speak
- connecting with others who can help them
- give them a random recommendation on LinkedIn
- responding thoughtfully to their conversations (online or irl)
How have you created greatness in other people?