Starting a local podcast

Hi all, I’m thinking of starting a local podcast to share stories from my community. I’ve been delving into PodcastLocal as I flesh this out.

Has anyone here done this before? Do you have any resources/interesting examples of this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Jas

1 Like

It seems that I do something similar with the Community Life Podcast :slight_smile:
Please check it out here: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

And if it’s what you’re talking about, I’m happy to answer any questions :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hi Yurii - I’m more looking to start a podcast for my local community where I live, showcasing the stories of business owners, arts/cultural sites and such. Thank you for sharing, though, Community Life looks neat :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, I feel like starting a podcast is very much the same, no matter if you are talking to folks from the local community or the online community.

I shared the Community Life, meaning that I asked people about their stories, and you can do pretty much the same by asking people from your local community to share their stories.

And from my perspective, you can just start with the first person you know and ask them about something you are curious about, and the rest you’ll find out while talking to people.

But since you started a topic here, I’m curious: are you just looking for inspiration from somebody’s example, or do you have some specific questions you’d like to ask? :blush:

2 Likes

This sounds like a great project! I think there used to be a guy who created videos that told stories about people in my town but I can’t find them online :frowning:

The only examples I can find are either long form videos of past events by our local public tv station here or realtors in the area hoping you will watch their videos and buy a house/property from them. An example of one is here.

I hope this helps even though it’s not exactly what you asked for. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I think you’re right, many of the principles are the same. I had a podcast focused around online community previously. I was mostly looking for inspiration from any examples of folks who have started more local podcasts. I like the organic approach you describe, just starting out with people you know and going from there, that’s what I did the last time :slight_smile:

Hi @beth, these are exactly the sorts of things I was looking for - especially those Chicago Stories - thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jas I’m glad I could help!