This is a wiki post that anyone can contribute to. The goal is to co-create a very useful collective resource.
…building a “second brain” is about creating a system – outside your physical skin-and-bone bodily boundaries – for storing, organising, and eventually transforming information. (via Maggie Appleton)
Tiago Forte has also been leading the space with the idea of a Second Brain.
So, from a community perspective… (a quick attempt at a definition)
A Community Second Brain is about creating a physical/digital space for collaboratively storing, organising and eventually transforming information.
Community Second Brains:
- require rules, guidelines and moderation.
- need maintenance
- promotion and marketing to the people
- should probably work on being optimised for search engines
- seek feedback and ideas
- Discourse is a forum with great wiki like features
- A shared website/blog
- Forums as a Second Brain - Rosieland Village Forum
- The rise of community-curated knowledge networks - Sari Azout
- Chief Notion Office - Julian Lehr
- Growing a Knowledge-Sharing Community to Six Figures in Ten Months - Nick Eubanks
- The Future of Communities and Knowledge Management - Rachel Happe
- Societal Knowledge Management - David Gurteen
- Communities = human search engines? - Fabian Pfortmüller
- Knowledge flows at the speed of trust - Harold Jarche